Complaining as a group or for someone else

Group complaints

If you are part of a group of students with the same complaint about your education provider, you can make a group complaint to NZQA.

To do this, you will need to appoint one contact person to submit your complaint for the group. This person will be the main contact person for NZQA.

When you complete the formal complaint form, you will also need to attach a list of the students who wish to be included in this complaint with their details (see section 2. Student details on the formal complaint form (PDF, 170KB)), and their signatures.

For NZQA’s complaint investigation, only the students who have provided their details and signed the list will be considered as part of the group complaint.

Complaining for someone else

If you would like someone else to make your complaint for you, or you are making a complaint on behalf of someone else (including your child if they are 16 years or older), you should attach a document with the following statement:

I agree that [name of representative] can act for me in the complaint against [education provider] and provide and receive information about the complaint.

[Name and contact details]

[Signature of student]

If you are a parent or guardian making a complaint and your child is under 16, you do not need to provide this statement.

Skip to main page content Accessibility page with list of access keys Home Page Site Map Contact Us