Ordering result documents

Online results

You can access your results online using your student login details. If you're new to NCEA, you need to create an account on the Login Options page.

The ‘My School Entries and Results’ screen will be updated with internal results as they become available during the year. External results will be available online from late January.

As your results are updated regularly NZQA recommends that you choose carefully when considering what copies of your documents you order and when. If you need more copies, there may be a charge.

What can I order?

New Zealand Record of Achievement (NZRoA)

You can download a free copy of your NZRoA in PDF format by using your Student Login.

You're entitled to one free hard copy of your NZRoA each year (if you had results reported to NZQA in the previous year).  Additional hard copies will cost $15.30 each and can be ordered online.

NCEA and University Entrance Certificates

You're entitled to one free NCEA certificate at each level and one free UE certificate. Additional copies will cost $15.30 each and can be ordered online.

What should I do if I apply for a review or reconsideration?

If you're going to apply for a review or reconsideration, please don't order your result documents until the review or reconsideration process has been completed.

If you've applied for a review or reconsideration to determine if you've gained University Entrance, please let your chosen university know as it can take up to six weeks for your updated results to become available.

Read more about reviews and reconsiderations.

What can’t I do online?

You can't apply for an overseas admission. Contact Data Management & Learner Records for more information.

Results available to others

All the details shown on your School Results Summary and RoA are sent to your school automatically.

New Zealand universities can access your records if you've allowed your results to be released to tertiary institutions. You can confirm this by checking in the 'My Enrolments' area of your student login. If 'Results to Tertiary Institutions' is yes, New Zealand universities have access to your results.

Contact Data Management & Learner Records if you wish to make changes to your tertiary release status.

Studying Overseas

If you're planning to study at an overseas tertiary institution, contact the institution as early as possible to find out what results information you need to provide.

Australian universities will contact NZQA directly to obtain your results.

Read more about study in Australia, entrance to overseas tertiary courses and international NCEA recognition.

Overseas Results Notice (ORN)

If you're an international fee-paying student, you can download your ORN from the 'Order documents' section of your student login. The ORN contains a summary of credits by subject in PDF format.

Since 2013, the ORN has contained the Abitur score for German international fee-paying students.

Additional information is available for Thai and German students.

Sending your results directly from NZQA to your university

Some tertiary institutions require your result notices directly from NZQA. Contact Data Management & Learner Records for more information about the overseas admission process.

Grade Point Average (GPA) estimates for international universities

If the tertiary institution at which you're planning to study does not directly recognise NCEA results, NZQA may be able to provide an estimate of your overall and subject performance in the form of a GPA letter. This is subject to there being sufficient credits assessed during the year.

For more information about the GPA process contact Psychometrics, Reporting and Statistics.

Offers of places at universities are entirely at the universities' discretion.

Document certification

If the tertiary institution to which you're applying needs authentication of your NZQA result notices, refer to the Department of Internal Affairs website for information about this.

Some institutions also require the secondary school to authenticate these documents or provide a school leaving letter or certificate.

Skip to main page content Accessibility page with list of access keys Home Page Site Map Contact Us newzealand.govt.nz